Today you can see a lot of people discussing Lip Fillers as a craze all over social media. The use of Lip Fillers is an easy and affordable solution to get fuller lips. The process is virtually painless and the ingredient used is natural, so no wonder people are using lip filler everywhere!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LIP FILLERS
What Are Lip Fillers?
Lip Fillers are injections of a Hyaluronic Acid Solution that creates a plumper and more full lip shape.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a substance which is naturally found in the human body. It’s what enables the skin to retain moisture.
How Do Lip Fillers Work?
Injecting Hyaluronic Acid helps the skin tissues connect and hold moisture thus appearing fuller & plumper. Once injected, the hyaluronic acid solution forms into a gel which is then manipulated by the nurse to form to the natural shape of the lips, making them appear fuller. Lip fillers are also commonly used to correct imbalances in the lips for a more symmetrical & fuller look.
- Lip fillers typically last from 4-12 months. If you get lip fillers more than once, the results last longer, up to 12 months.
- The procedure is next to painless as the lips are numbed in advance before injecting.
- There’s practically no downtime. The procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes total and the numbing will start to wear off after about 15 minutes. You can go about your daily life afterward but shouldn’t make any big plans (like a wedding or an important event) for at least three days. Results are immediate, though your lips will become somewhat swollen or bruised.
- Lip fillers are not 100% smooth. It is very common to feel some very small bumps.
- Lip filler treatments need to be carried out by a nurse practitioner or physician. Your certified injector will decide the volume of the liquid substance which needs to be injected based on your desired look.
- You don’t have to go all out. You can choose which areas of your lips you’d like the focus to be. Whether it’s both lips, just the bottom lip, or the middle of the top lip, you can plump wherever you and your practitioner decide will best complement the rest of your facial features.
- Don’t expect to look exactly like your favorite movie star. You can bring in inspiration photos, but ultimately, you and your practitioner should decide what look is best for your face.